Ashura Muharram 14 Events in History
Ashura Muharram 14 Events in Histor
Table of Contents
- On the day of 10th Muharram Ashura, the repentance of Hazrat Adam (RA) was accepted. They were born on the same day. On the same day he was admitted to Jannah.
- On the same day, Hazrat Ibrahim (AS) was born. That same day they were saved from the fire.
- On the same day, Prophet Mosa (PBUH) and his ummah were saved and Pharaoh and his people drowned.
- Prophet Essa (PBUH) was born and raised to the sky on the same day.
- On the same day, the sight of Prophet Yaqub (AS) returned.
- On the same day, Prophet Nooh (AS)’s ark arrived on Mount Judi.
- On the same day, Hazrat Sulaiman (AS) was given a great country.
- On the same day, Hazrat Yunus (AS) came out of the stomach of the fish.
- On the same day, Hazrat Yusuf (AS) came out of the deep well.
- On the same day, the trouble of Hazrat Syedna Ayub (AS) will be removed.
- The first rain came down from sky on the earth on that day.
- On the same day, the throne, the sky, the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars and the paradise were created.
- The fast of that day was popular among the nations. It was even said that the fast of that day was obligatory before the month of Ramadan and then it was canceled.
- Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) after being hungry for three days, was martyred on the same day of Ashura in Dasht-e-Karbala.
When ’Ashura arrives this year, remember that is a day of tests and relief, on which even the Prophets (as) and their families and followers were tested. It is a day which Allah has placed in His own month, Muharram, which is called the Month of Allah. It is a day where we should truly feel close to Him, asking only Him for relief from any hardship we’re facing, and thanking only Him for our ease and comfort.
the 10th of Muharram, also known as ’Ashura, one of the most historically significant and blessed days in the year.
Allah (swt) says in the Qur’an, ′And We certainly sent Musa with Our signs, [saying], “Bring out your people from layers of darkness into the light and remind them of the days of Allah”. Indeed in that are surely signs for everyone who is patient and grateful’. [Qur’an, 14:5]
’Ashura is one of these days of Allah, and it is thus important to respect and pay attention to its virtues and history.
Ashura Muharram: Special From the Very Beginning
According to Imam Al-Ghazali, writing in his Mukhashfa al-Qulub, Umar ibn Al-Khattab (ra) was asked why the day of ’Ashura was considered so noble. Umar (ra) listed a few events which had taken place on ’Ashura, including:
- Allah created the skies and earth on this day, along with the Preserved Tablet
- Allah created Angel Jibril (as)
- Allah created Adam (as), as well as Hawwa (as)
- Allah created Jannah
- Allah enabled Adam (as) to live in Jannah
- The first rain to fall on earth was on ’Ashura
Therefore, since before the beginning of human history, ’Ashura has been filled with significant events.
Ashura Muharram and other prophets (as)
According to Al-Jilani, other Prophets (as) also went through significant events on ’Ashura, including:
- Adam (as): Allah accepted his repentance, and He forgave Adam (as)
- Ibrahim (as): Allah extinguished the fire he was thrown into by King Namrood’s subjects
- Ayyub (as): Allah released him from the long test which he had borne patiently with constant faith, even as he lost his family, his health and his wealth
- Sulayman (as): Allah gave him a vast kingdom, which none after him have ever had: he could command the winds, and his army consisted of men, jinn, birds and animals
- Yunus (as): Allah took him out of the belly of the whale and forgave his people for their previous disobedience
- Isa (as): Allah raised him to the heavens
Thus, Allah tested his Prophets (as) on ’Ashura, and blessed them, and saved them, and forgave them, and took them back to Him. He (swt) favoured them in all these ways, for even His tests are a favour and a blessing, as the Prophet (saw) said, ‘When Allah loves a servant, He tests him’. [Tirmidhi]
It is impossible to mention how Allah tested His servants on ’Ashura without mentioning Husayn (ra), the son of Ali (ra) and the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad (saw).
Numerous narrations show the great affection the Prophet (saw) had for his grandson:
Abu Hurayra said, ’Once when al-Husayn was of tender years, the Prophet, holding his forearms out, said, “O al-Husayn! Climb up! Climb up!” He started to climb till his feet were on the chest of the Prophet, and both were face to face. The Prophet kissed him with great fondness and said, ”O Allah! I love him. You too love him!“′ [Bukhari]
The Prophet (saw) also said, ‘Whoever loves me and these two, along with their mother and father, they will be with me on the Day of Judgement’. [Tirmidhi]
He (saw) also said, ’I am from al-Husayn and al-Husayn is from me. Allah loves the one who loves Husayn…′ [Tirmidhi]
On 10th Muharram, Allah took Husayn (ra) back to Him. The details of how he and his family were killed are painful to recount. Like Allah’s prophets (as), they were tested with immense hardship on ’Ashura and in the days leading up to it. We pray Allah rewards them immensely and with the highest status possible, and we pray He grants us even a fraction of their devotion and patience, ameen.