Lailatul Jaiza (Night of Reward) Night of Power
LAILATUL JAIZA (NIGHT OF REWARD) NIGHT BEFORE EID
Table of Contents
Lailatul Jaiza the night before the Eid is very important.
After being absorbed in a month long exercise of vigorous worship and spiritual enrichment, the Muslim Ummah stands on the threshold of Eid-ul-Fitr. The day of Eid is one to express sincere gratitude to Almighty Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) for His favours – gratitude for the opportunity to fast through the day, stand in prayer at night, give charity and recite Holy Quran abundantly. It is a day of celebration for the believers who have executed their duties honorably.
Eid is the culmination of this spiritual empowerment and a festival marking the accomplishment of all Muslims. However, it does not signal the end of the mission. The good discipline developed in Holy Ramadan must remain and be sustained. A true reflection of our efforts in Holy Ramadan being accepted is continuity with good actions post Holy Ramadan.
Whilst the day of Eid is a joyous occasion the night should be one of contemplation and worship. It had been the practice of Holy Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam), that he would not sleep in the night preceding the day of Eid-ul-Fitr. This night has been named in a Hadith as the Night of Reward (Lailatul Jaiza).
Almighty Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) bestows his rewards on those who have spent the month of Holy Ramadan abiding by the dictates of Shari’ah, and all their prayers in this night are accepted. Therefore, it is desirable to perform Nafl prayers in this night.
Rasulullah SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam said,
‘On the last night (Lailatul Jaiza) of Ramadhaan the fasting Muslims are forgiven.’ The Sahaabah radiyallahu anhum inquired,
‘O Rasulullah SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam, is that the night of power(LAILATUL QADR)?’ Rasulullah SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam replied, ‘No! But it is only right that a servant should be given his reward on having completed his duty’ [Ahmad]
Hazrat Ibn Abbas(Radi Allahu anhu) says in a lengthy hadith, that he heard Rasullullah (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) say:“And the night of Eid-ul-Fitr, the night that is called Lailatul Jaiza (The night of prize giving), comes along. On the morning of Eid Allah sends down the Malaa’ikah to all the lands of the earth where they take their positions at access points of roads, calling out with a voice that is heard by all except man and jinn. “O Ummah of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) come forth from your houses towards a Lord that is noble and gracious, who grants much and pardons the major sins”.
When they proceed towards the places for their Eid salaah, Allah Ta’ala says to the Malaa’ikah: “What indeed is the reward of that employee who had rendered his services?” The Malaa’ikah replies, “O Lord and Master, it is only right that he should receive his reward in full for his services”.
Allah then says, “I call you to witness, O My Malaa’ikah, that for their having fasted during the month of Ramadan, and for their having stood before Me in prayer by night, I have granted to them as reward My pleasure and have granted them forgiveness. O My servants ask now of Me, for I swear by My honour and My greatness, that whatsoever you shall beg of Me this day in this assembly of yours for the needs of the Hereafter, I shall grant you; and whatsoever you shall ask for worldly needs, I shall look at you favourably.
By My honour I swear, as long as you shall obey My commands, I shall cover your faults. By My Honour and My Greatness do I swear that I shall never disgrace you among the evil-doing ones and disbelievers. Depart now from here, you are forgiven. You have pleased Me and I am pleased with you.
The Malaa’ikah on seeing this great reward bestowed by Allah upon the ummah of Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wassallam) on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr become greatly pleased and happy”.
[Targheeb, also a similar hadith reported by Anas (radhiyallahu anhu) in Bayhaqi]
Holy Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam) is reported to have said: “Whoever stands up (in worship) in the nights preceding the two Eids expecting rewards from his Lord, his heart will not die when the other hearts will die.” (Ibn Majah)
Holy Prophet Muhammad al-Mustafa (SallAllahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “I swear by Him Who has sent me with the truth as Prophet; Archangel Gabriel has reported to me from Archangel Israfel who directly reports from Almighty Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) that one who offers this prayer, (at the last night of Ramzan al-Mubarak) will not raise his head from prostration before Almighty Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) would forgive him, accept his acts during the month of Ramzan, and overlooks his sins …” (Mafatih al-Jinan)
Ala Hazrat Ka Ghulam Abu Umamah (Radi Allahu anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said:
“Whoever observe the two nights of Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adhā with worship and devotion, his heart will be alive on the day of Qiyāmah”. (Sunan Ibn Mājah, Pg.128, Dārul Qurān wal Hadith)
It is said that on this night it is just like the scene when some labourers are being given their rewards for working i.e. fasting (and by not praying and indulging your self in other activities)that labourers turns his back on Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala at the time of the reward giving To benefit from this opportunity, one should perform as much worship in this night as he can and should pray for all his needs and desires.
BELOW ARE FEW IMPORTANT 5 THINGS TO BE DONE ON THIS NIGHT, LAILATUL JAIZA
- Reciting Quran : “Whoever reads a letter from the Book of Allaah, he will have a reward, and this reward will be multiplied by ten. I am not saying that ‘Alif, Laam, Meem’ (a combination of letters frequently mentioned in the Holy Quran) is a letter, rather I am saying that ‘Alif’ is a letter, ‘Laam’ is a letter and ‘Meem’ is a letter.” [At-Tirmithi]“Then do they not reflect upon the Quran? If it had been from [any] other than Allaah, they would have found within it much contradiction.” [Quran: 4:82] “Indeed the one who recites the Quran beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. As for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have twice that reward.” [Al-Bukhaari & Muslim]
- Seeking forgiveness :“And seek forgiveness of Allah; surely Allah is Forgiving, Compassionate.”(Qur’an 73:20)”And whoever does evil, or wrongs his own soul, but afterwards seeks Allah’s forgiveness, will find Allah is Forgiving, Compassionate.” (Qur’an 4:110)
- Nafl (Superogatory) prayers :There are two extremely important and highly-rewarding nafl prayers to be performed on “Laylatul Jaiza”:
- Salaatul Tasbih :The Prophet (PBUH) is reported to have said about Salaatul Tasbih that those who perform it will have his or her past and future sins forgiven. The Prophet (PBUH) has recommended reading this prayer once every Friday, once a month, once a year or at least once in a lifetime.
- Tahajjud :Tahajjud is performed in the late hours of the night and is deemed extremely dear.
Read More about 114 Surah of Quran Benefits.
For Spiritual Guidance , you can contact on WhatsApp
WAZIFA FOR LAILATUL JAIZA CHAND RAAT EID UL FITR
Below are few wazifa you can do, if
- You want to get out of problems
- You want to get rich & become wealthy person.
- You want to get married.
- You want to healthy & get rid of health problems
- You have Business problems
- You are in legal issues.
- You want become father/ mother.
- You want get job & promotion in work.
- In short get everything you want
Offer Salat e Isha with Jamaat, then prepare yourself for this wazifa on Lailatul Jaiza
- Start with Durood Shareef/ Salawat 500 times ( Any one you can recite)
- Recite Surah Fatiha 41 times
- Recite last 3 Verses of Surah Hashr 206 times
- Ending with Durood Shareef/ Salawat 500 times ( Any one you can recite)
Huwa Allahu allathee lailaha illa huwa AAalimu alghaybi washshahadati huwa arrahmanu arraheem(59:22)
Huwa Allahu allathee lailaha illa huwa almaliku alquddoosu assalamu-almuminu almuhayminu alAAazeezu aljabbaru almutakabbiru subhana Allahi AAamma yushrikoon(59:23)
Huwa Allahu alkhaliqu albari-oalmusawwiru lahu al-asmao alhusna yusabbihu lahu ma fee assamawati wal-ardi wahuwa alAAazeezu alhakeem (59:24)
After your complete this wazifa, prepare your self for making DUA in courtyard of Almighty ALLAH , Make Dua with Kameel Yaqeen/ Full Trust, ALLAH will bless you and give best you need.
Note: Doing good and wanting to please Allah is NOT only for Ramadan, but it is FOR EVERYDAY OF OUR LIVES UNTIL DEATH!!!
May Allah guide us all to the right path and make us pious servants of his. Ameen.