Virtues of Surah Falaq Benefits (Chapter 113)
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
(The Daybreak) Number of Verses: 5
This is a ‘madani’ Surah and it has 5 ayaat.
The Surah contains some divine teaching commands to the holy Prophet (S), in particular, and to all Muslims, in general, to seek refuge with Allah from every kind of ill arising from outer nature, dark and evil plotting and envy on the part of others.
On the occasion of revelation of this Surah, there are some narrations cited in most of the commentary books to the effect that the holy Prophet (S) was affected by some magic incantations, practiced by a few Jews, and became sick. Gabriel came down and indicated the place of the magic paraphernalia, which were hidden at the bottom of a well, by the Jews. They were taken out of the well and then, these verses were recited and the physical condition of the Prophet (S) improved.
But, the late Tabarsi and some other researchers reject these kind of narrations whose reference is limited to only Ibn-i-Abbas and ‘Ayishah, because:
Firstly, the Surah is popularly known as Meccan, and the tone of the verses are also similar to Meccan Suras, while the problems which the holy Prophet (S) had, with the Jews, occured mostly in Medina, which is, itself, a testimony that these kinds of narrations are not correct.
Secondly, if the holy Prophet (S) could, so easily, be affected by the witchcraft of sorcerers, so much so, that he became sick and stayed in bed, it would have, also, been easy to stop him from reaching his great goal. Surely the Providence, Who had sent him for such a great and important mission, the Prophecy, protected him against the witchcraft of sorcerers.
Thirdly, if sorcery is to have had an effect on the body of the holy Prophet (S), then, people might imagine that witchcraft could affect his holy soul, too, and his thoughts would be subject to the witchcraft of sorcerers, so, this idea would destroy the principle of confidence in the holy Prophet (S).
The Holy Qur’an opposes the idea that the Prophet (S) was bewitched:
“Or (why) has not a treasure been bestowed on him, or why has he (not) a garden for enjoyment? The wicked say: ‘Ye follow none other than a man bewitched’”.
“See what kind of comparisons they make for thee! But they have gone astray, and never a way will they he able to find!”
Here,‘bewitched’, whether mentally or bodily, is a witness to our objective point. However, with these very doubtful narrations, in regard to understanding the meaning of the verses, the sanctity of the position of the Prophet (S) cannot be questioned.
How to recite Surah Falaq?
Surah Falaq Benefits : There are many Surah Falaq benefits, few given below
- On the virtue of this Surah, the holy Prophet (S) is narrated to have said: “Some verses have been revealed to me, the likes of which have not been revealed before; Surah Falaq and Surah Nas”.
- Another tradition from Imam Baqir (as) denotes: “He who recites Surah Falaq, Nas, and Ikhlas, in his ‘Watr (odd number rak’at) prayer’, will be told,
- ‘O servant of Allah, he happy that Allah accepted your ‘Watr prayer’ “.
- Another narration says that the holy Prophet (S) asked one of his companions whether or not he wished to be taught two Suras which were the best Suras of the Qur’an and he answered:
- “Yes, O Messenger of Allah”; then, the Prophet (S) taught him Surah Falaq and Nas, then, he (S) recited both of them in the morning prayer and told the man:
- “Read them whenever you get up and whenever you go to bed.” It is clear that these virtues are for the person who harmonizes his own soul, mind, belief and actions with the content of the Surah.
- 1) If Recited in wajib salaah in Ramadhan, it is as though one has fasted in Makkah and sawab of hajj.
- Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (a.s.) said that in the prayer of Shafa’a (in Salaatul-layl) one should recite Surah al-Falaq in the first rak’aat and an-Naas in the second.
- Whoso recites, even from early age, every night 3 times surah al Falaq, 3 times surah al Nas, and 100 or 50 times surah al Ikhlas, Allah would keep him safe from every evil-eye, all ailments that afflict children, all stomach ailments, low and high blood pressure; and so long as he keeps reciting like this he would remain safe from diseases till he dies.
- According to the Imams of Ahl ul Bayt it is better to recite surah al Falaq and surah al Ikhlas in the rak-at of witr, in tahajjud.
Those who want Taweez, Naqash of Surah Falaq Benefits , please send contact by email- firstname.lastname@example.org or WHATSAPP