Surah Qadr Benefits, Virtues of Chapter 97 Quran
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
(The Night of Honour) Number of Verses: 5
Surah Qadr (Arabic: سورة القدر, “Power, Fate”) is the 97th sura of the Qur’an is a ‘makki’ Sura with 5 ayat. As it is understood from the name of the Sura, it refers to the revelation of the Holy Qur’an on the Night of Honour and then, it describes the importance of the night and the Blessings thereon.
The chronological order of this Sura has no significance. Among the commentators it is known as a Meccan Surah, although some hold that it was revealed in Medina; as a narration denotes that the holy Prophet (SAW) dreamed that the Ommayides were climbing his pulpit.
This was disturbing to the Prophet, to have such a dream, and he disliked it. Then, Sura Qadr was revealed to comfort him. (Therefore, some believe that the verse: “The Night of Honour is better than a thousand months” refers to the length of time that the Ommayides governed, which was about one thousand months), and we know that Mosques and pulpits were established and formed in Medina, not Mecca.
But, as it was said above, the Surat is known as Meccan and this narration may be a kind of application, not an occasion of revelation.
Surah Qadr Benefits
The Surah Qadr Benefits are many , few are given below
- On the virtue of studying this Surah, there is a narration from Our Beloved Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam which says: “He who recites it (Surah Qadr) will be rewarded like the one who has fasted the whole month of Ramadan and has kept vigil the night of Qadr, (the Night of Honour).
- Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) said that for pious children, one should keep his right hand on his wife and recite this Surah 7 times before going into her. If recited seven times on the grave of a believer, his sins will be forgiven.
- Imam Mohammad al-Baqir (a.s.) has said that whoever recites this Surah with a loud voice, it is as if he has lifted his sword to fight in the way of Allah (S.w.T.) and whoever recites it slowly in his mind, it is as if he has been sacrificed in the way of Allah and has died a martyr.
- Another narration from Imam Baqir (as) says: “He who recites Surah Qadr loudly and openly like a person who fights in the Holy War on the path of Allah and he who recites it hiddenly like a person who swims in his own blood for the sake of Allah”.
- It is obvious that these rewards are for he/she who recites the Surah and comprehends its real meaning, or they are for he who studies it, understands it and acts accordingly with regard to the Qur’an, and in his life obeys its verses.
- If a person recites this Surah ten times, one thousand sins of his are forgiven. If recited in compulsory prayers, all previous sins are forgiven. It is narrated from Our Beloved Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam that reciting this Surah once carries the reward of fasting for the whole month of Ramadhan. Constant recitation of this Surah, increases sustenance.
- If Surah Qadr is recited 11 times before sleeping, the reciter remains safe the whole night.
- Recitation in front of an enemy keeps one safe from his evil designs. For the paying back of loans, one should seek forgiveness and should recite Surah Qadr as many times as possible.
- Whoso recites this surah in loud voice is like him who fights in the cause of Allah, and whoso recites it in slow voice is like him who has shed his blood in the cause of Allah;
- whoso recites this surah ten times in a single sitting his ten thousand sins would be forgiven.
- To remain safe from dehydration take a new earthen utensil, fill it with clean water, recite this surah 30 times over it, then drink it; and also use it for wuzu.
- Whoso recites this surah in his obligatory salats Allah would appoint an announcer who would announce: “O servant of Allah, all your past sins have been forgiven, now live like a pious Muslims.”
- Whoso recites this surah, his reward would be equal to that man who fasts for the whole month of Ramzan; and whoso recites it in the night of Qadr (laylatul qadr) is like him who fights in the cause of Allah; and if this surah is recited on the door a godown or a storehouse or a safe, the goods in it or belongings in the safe would remain under Allah’s protection, and save the owner no one would be able to take out anything from it.
- Whoso recites this surah, he, alongwith his friends and helpers, would be the favourites of Allah on the day of judgement.
- If this surah is written on a new and clean utensil and a person afflicted with facial paralysis continuously looks on it, Allah would free him from the paralysis.
- Whoso recites this surah 15 times after the Isha salat, would remain in Allah’s protection till the next night, and if he recites 7 times every night, Allah would protect him till daybreak.
- Whoso recites this surah over his gold, silver and jewelry Allah would increase his belongings and all his valuables would remain safe from theft and damage. The same would happen if this surah is recited over water and with it these valuables are washed and cleaned.
Those who want Taweez, Naqash of Surah Qadr Benefits , contact by email- firstname.lastname@example.org or WHATSAPP