Virtues of Surah Alaq Benefits (Chapter 96)
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
(The Clot) Number of Verses: 19
Surah Alaq (Arabic: سورة العلق, "The Clot" or “ the clinging thing” ), is the 96th Surah or chapter of the Qur'an. It is composed of 19 ayat (verses or "signs"), and is traditionally believed to have been the first revelation to Our Beloved Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam in Mecca at cave Hira located at the Mountain Jabal al-Nour. It is traditionally understood that first five ayats (1-5) of Surah Alaq where revealed, however this is not the first fully complete Surah to be revealed and was actually revealed in 3 parts. It is sometimes also known as Sūrat Iqrā (سورة إقرا, "Read").The contents of the Surah also confirm this idea. Some have said that the first Surah is Surah Fatihah, or perhaps Surah Muddaththir, but again this is contrary to what is commonly thought.
First, this Surah addresses the Our Beloved Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam and commands him to read or proclaim (the Message).
Then, it refers to the creation of Man out of a mere clot.
Further, it refers to the development of Man, who is taught from the bounty and by the Grace of Allah; the soul in him reaching out to knowledge sublime, and the instrument of it, the sanctified Pen.
Thereafter, it speaks about ungrateful Man, and that despite all the blessings and graciousness that Allah bestows on him, he rebels.
Following this, it points to the painful chastisement of those who cause a hindrance on the road to guidance and righteous deeds.
Then, the Surah ends with a command to prostration, and of drawing closer to Allah.
Surah Alaq Benefits :
- On the benefits of reciting Surah Alaq, it is narreted from Our Beloved Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (Radi allahu tala anhu) who said:"He who recites Surah 'Alaq on a day or a night and passes away on the same day or night, at the time of the Day of Judgment, he will be considered as a martyr and Allah will raise him to life again as a martyr and He will resurrect him as one who has fought the holy war, on the way of Allah, in the presence of the Our Beloved Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam.
- It is highly recommended to recite this Surah going on a journey/travelling ahe would inshallah remain safe from calamities, hardships and worries during the journey. And if travelling on a ship Allah would not let him drown if such a situation develops on the sea or river.
- Those who recites this surah would inshallah receive the reward given for reciting the whole Quran, and given to a warrior who fights in the cause of Allah. If recited on a treasure, it remains safe.
- Whoso recites this surah over his storehouse or godown Allah would keep it safe from every kind of calamity, theft and pilferage; and if it is a treasure or safe his wealth and belonging would remain safe in it.
- recite gets the thawab of shaheed.
Those who want Taweez, Naqash of Surah Alaq Benefits , please send contact by email- [email protected]