Virtues of Surah Shams Benefits (Chapter 91)
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Sūrah Shams (Arabic: الشمس, “The Sun”) is the 91st sura of the Qur’an with 15 ayat.
This Surat, which is in fact a Surat on the purification of the ‘carnal soul’ and sanctification of the heart from vice and impurities’, explains the same themes as in previous Suras, but at the beginning of the Surat eleven great subjects from the world of creation and Divine essence are mentioned and to prove that salvation depends upon ‘purification of the carnal soul’ some oaths are made. These oaths envelop most of the Qur’anic oaths collectively.
At the end of the Surat, the Thamood, as an example or a disobedient people, are briefly pointed out. They defied Allah’s sacred Law and His prophet, Salih (as), and were destroyed for their crime; which was the fruit of neglecting ‘the purification of the carnal soul’.
This short Surat, in fact, restates one of the most important instructive points for the destiny of Man’s life, and leads him to true Islamic values.
Hadith Surah Shams: It was narrated from Abdullah bin Buraidah, from his father (رضي الله عنهم), that The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) used to recite ‘By the sun and its brightness’ and similar surahs in Isha’.
Hadith Sunan an-Nasa’i 999
Narrated that Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) said “I have never prayed behind anyone whose prayer more closely resembled that of the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) than so-and-so. We prayed behind that person and he used to make the first two rak’ahs of Zuhr lengthy and the last two shorter, and he would make ‘Asr shorter; in Maghrib he would recite the short Mufassal surahs. In Isha’ he recited: ‘By the sun and its brightness and similar surahs, and in Subh he recited two lengthy surahs.”
Hadith Sunan an-Nasa’i 983
Surah Shams Benefits :
- Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad sallal laahu alaihi wasallam, said that the reward for reciting this Sura is compared to the things upon which the sun and the moon shine.
- Our Beloved Imam Jaffar Sadiq (Radi Allahu Tala Anhu) has said that the person who recites Surat as-Shams, al-Layl, ad-Dhuha and al-Inshirah will, on the Day of Judgement, find all creatures of the earth testifying on his behalf and Allah will accept their testimony and give him a place in Jannah.
- Those who recites Surah Shams, Surat Layl, Surat duha and Sura Inshirah on any day or any night, there is nothing which would not give witness for his recitation of these four surahs on the day of judgement, so much so that the reciter’s hair, face, blood, muscles and bones would give witness and everything on earth would come forward to stand witness for him. Then Allah would say: “I have accepted the evidence of all of you for my servant, now I send him to paradise. Whatever he likes will be given to him there, and more through My mercy and favour.”
- Those who recites Surat Ash-Shams is like that very rich man who gives away in charity all that he has; and if the reciter is not a man of means, Allah would provide for him favourable turn of circumstances and divine guidance,
- He would be guarded wherever he might be, The Reciter will have many benefits ; he would be a amiable and popular man among the people; Allah would increase his means of substance and he would be freed from losses, worries and poverty.
- If you writes Sura Ash-Shams on a china plate, wash it with clean water and drinks it, inshallah, his trembling would go away.
- Recitation of Surat Shams benefits you to increase in sustenance, courage and popularity amongst the people.
- Recite Surat Ash-Shams on water to cure fever.
Those who want Taweez, Naqash of Surah Shams Benefits , please send contact by email- [email protected]