Honey is Sunnah the Prophetic Food 7 benefits
Honey is Sunnah the Prophetic Food
7 benefits of Honey we will discuss, in coming Articles, this is just short introduction.
Quranic references of honey (عسل)
- In chapter no. 16 Al-Nahl, verse no. 69, Allah Ta’lah mean to say that His has taught honey bees to make their combs on top of mountains, trees & heighted Places, & these Bees suck Nectars from all types of flowers, & Allah Ta’lah made the bees to follow the path of their lord (Allah Ta’lah), a fluid of different colour comes out from their bellies, in which there is healing for human. This is a sign of Almighty so people should admire & pick benefits. This is according to Allah Ta’lah’s creation & laws of nature.
- In chapter no 47 Muhammad verse no.15. Allah Ta’lah mean to say that in Paradise (jannat) there will be various gifts and boons, pure best honey streams and fruits of various types.
- In chapter no. 66 Tah’reem verse no 1. Allah Ta’lah said to Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم that do not discard the use of honey or else, which Allah Ta’lah has Permitted to eat (Halal) for human.
Prophetic guidance about Honey (عسل)
“Make use of the two remedies: honey and the Quran”Muhammad salalahu alayhi wasalaam
[at-sahih al-Bukhari, Tirmidhi, ibn Majah & Baihaqi]
“And the lord inspired the bee, saying: Take your habitations in the mountains and in the trees ad in what they erect. Then, eat of all fruits and follow the ways of your Lord made easy (for you)’.
There comes forth from their bellies a drink of varying colour wherein is healing for men. Verily in this is indeed a sign for people who think.”[16:68-69]
Muhammad salalahu alayhi wasalaam has informed us of the great benefits found in honey. In recent years, scientific support is beginning to emerge confirming the beneficial effects of honey on certain medical and surgical conditions as well.
You may not be surprised to learn that Australia a few years ago approved honey as a medicine, beginning to sell it in Pharmacies!
Nutritionally, honey is a healthy, easily digestible, natural and energy rich food. It contains carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, enzymes and vitamins. One tablespoon of honey provides 60 calories and contains 11g of carbohydrates, 1mg of calcium, 0.2mg of iron, 0.lmg of vitamin B and 1mg of vitamin C. Honey also contains glucose, fructose and saccharine (70%). Besides the above, copper, iodine, and zinc exist in it in small quantities.
The Prophet salalahu alayhi wasalaam has also told us of the healing found within honey for a variety of medical problems, including stomach ailments. One hadith, reported by Bukhari, states that a man came to the Prophet because his brother had a stomach disorder.
The Prophet salalahu alayhi wasalaam said “Let him drink honey.” The man returned a second time and again the Prophet salalahu alayhi wasalaam responded again, “Let him drink honey.” The man returned again, and said “I have done that.” The Prophet salalahu alayhi wasalaam then responded,”Allah has said the truth, but your brother’s stomach has told a lie. Let him drink honey.” He drank it and was cured.
Scientific benefits of Sunnah Food Honey
1. It cures diarrhea, helpful in all diseases & all health problems, it is a natural anti-biotic, best in typhoid fever, dysentery, internal & external ulcers & lesions, peptic ulcers, gastric ulcers, duodenal ulcers.
2. It reduces secretion of hydrochloric acid, and thus reduces acidity; it has natural enzymes thus helps digestion & digestive disorder & can be used in all types of ulcers, wounds, and lesions, best for urinary tract infections.
3. It is best for colitis, klebsiella germs, effective in burns when applied on burn lesions and when orally used. It is helpful in diarrhea, duodenal ulcers, acidity, gastric bleeding, vomiting, and nausea, pain in stomach, liver diseases, and skin diseases.
4. It increases Hemoglobin thus cures anemia, relaxes the smooth muscles (Intestinal muscles)
5. Helps in reducing the continuous use of cortisone as eye application in eye diseases, effective in eye diseases like corneal ulcers, dendrifrom ulcers of cornea, scotoma in cornea and conjunctivitis. It reduces dryness of eye. It also helps in herpes opthalmus (viral infection of eyes) & very effective in chronic eye diseases.
6. Also effective for measles, fever, congestion in brain, brain tumors, angina, rickets, bed wetting, calms the nerves, relaxes the urinary bladder, cold & cough, flu diseases, throat infections, chronic liver diseases, insomnia (improper sleeps).
7. It reduces addiction of alcohol. Also increases complexion, treats roughness of skin, cracks of lips, infection of lips, spots on skin, gum infection & reduces skeletal muscles spasm (reduces pain in muscles).
Honey is Sunnah and very important , all we need to do is USE it daily and feel the changes in our health naturally.
IF you need spiritual guidance for any problem in life, contact by email- firstname.lastname@example.org or WHATSAPP
Comments are closed.