Islamic Names For New Baby as per Sunnah
Islamic Names For New Baby as per Sunnah
At the time when there is any new arrival of a child in any family it is a great source of happiness and joy for all closely related members of the family. At this time of jubilant occasion and as a matter of festive nature all close relative come to see the newborn and happily congratulate the parents and the elders of the family of the newborn.
Giving a new lslamic names for the newborn baby is the task full of excitement for the family, so at this time all close relatives and the family members and their close friend also participate in this ritual relating to giving the baby unique name. It is the trend found in every parent believing meaning as something important aspect when selecting any special and meaningful name, now a day with the help of internet selection of any name of choice can be selected from the varieties different name. It is very much helpful for the parents look for the baby names.
It can be selected out of a wide range from every part of the globe with accurate details regarding the origin of the name and meanings in full details.
As each person believes that name play a significant role in the life of an individual, so to arrange the newborn future in some bright and being a good Muslim, his Islamic names have the impact on the individual personality. For this reason a great number of parents when going to decide the name of their newborn they relate it with the name of their Holy Prophet Muhammad Salla alaihi wasallam. With the global research and according to modern research based on Islamic child names, this is found and declared that “Muhammad” has found the most admired name used throughout the world by the majority of Muslim group of people.
One of the prime responsibilities of the parents is giving Islamic Names For New Baby. They should not treat this important thing as a triviality. Individuals and families are recognized with their names. If the name is affable the person will be well received by the people. Persons with unpleasant sounding names will not get good attention from others and sometimes even they might ridicule them. The persons who are given improper names will be victims of inferiority complex.
Therefore Islam requires the parents to exercise care in selecting good names for their children.
PROTHETIC GUIDANCE ON NAMING A CHILD : Islamic Names For New Baby
The Holy Prophet Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him has two personal names. He is known as Ahmad in the past scriptures and Muhammad in the Holy Qur’an. There are countless attributive names of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him. He is known by a distinct name in different areas. Every area (skies, earth, oceans, mountains, etc.) knows him by a special name and he is addressed accordingly.
There are numerous Fada’il (Excellence and Benefits) of keeping the names “AHMAD” and “MUHAMMAD” as mentioned in many sayings (Ahadith) of the best of the Creation; the Master of Mankind Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon Him. Few of them are stated below:
1. It is stated in Tabarani that the Holy Prophet Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam said, “Keep the names (of your children) on my name and not on my Kunniyat (Title).”
2. Ibn Asakir and Hussain Ibn Ahmad has stated that Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam said, “If a son is born to you and out of love and respect for me and to obtain the blessings of my name, you keep the child’s name ‘Muhammad’, then the father and child will both enter Jannah.”
3. Hafidh Abu Tahir and Hafidh Ibn Bakeer narrates on the authority of Sayyiduna Anas Radi Allahu Ta’ala Anhu that Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam said, “On the day of Qiyamah two persons will be summoned to the Court of ALLAH. The verdict would be – ‘take them both to Jannah!’ They would say, ‘O Almighty ALLAH! We have performed no good deed to entitle us to enter Jannah!’ ALLAH will command again, ‘Take them to Jannah because I have taken an oath that I will not put any person in Jahannam (Hell) whose name is Ahmad or Muhammad.'”
NOTE: Elaborating on the above Hadith, A’laHadrat Imam Ahmad Rida (Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anhu) states: “That person is a Mu’min (Believer) and according to the Quran, the Hadith and the Sahaba, a Mu’min is he who has sound and correct beliefs of the Ahle Sunnah Wa Jama’ah, that is, ‘Sunni Sahih-ul-Aqida’.
On the contrary, as for those who are misled and possess incorrect Aqaid are, according to Hadith Shareef, dogs of Jahannam whose deeds are rejected, and even if they are innocently murdered between Hajre Aswad and Makame Ibraheem and have Sabr and hopes for reward from ALLAH, then too ALLAH will not show any mercy towards them but sentence them to Hell.
These Ahadith have been narrated by Daarqutni, Ibn Majah, Baihaqi and Ibn Jawzi etc from Hadrat Abu Umaama and Hadrat Huzaifa and Hadrat Anas (Radi Allahu Ra’aala Anhum Ajma’een) and this faqeer (AlaHadrat) has quoted these narrations in numerous of his Fatawa. Now, it must be noted that there is no glad tidings in this Hadith (about those whose names are Muhammad and Ahmad), for kuffaar like Muhammed bin Abdul Wahab Najdi or Sayid Ahmed Khan whose maslak is clearly kufr, since even the fragrance of Jannat is definitely haraam upon the kaafirs.” [Ahkaam-e-Shariat]
4. Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam states: “My Lord has mentioned to me, ‘I swear by My Sight and greatness that whosoever is named after you shall never be destroyed by the Fire of Hell.'” [Hilyah Abu Nu’aym]
5. Ameer al-Mu’mineen Sayyiduna Ali (Radi ALLAHu Ta’ala Anhu) narrates that Rasoollulah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam states: “Those who sit in a company and eat food, and if there is a person amongst them by the name of Ahmad or Muhammad, then that entire group would receive the blessing of ALLAH twice daily.” [Hafidh Ibne Bakeer, Waylami, Musnad Abi Saeed Naqqash, Ibn Adi Kaamil]
Shortly, in homes where persons with these sacred names live, ALLAH blesses that home twice daily.
6. Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam states: “What would you lose if in your homes there is one, two or three Muhammad’s.” [Tabaqat Ibne Sa’ad]
7. Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam states: “When a group sit in consultation and if a person by the name of Muhammad is amongst them, but is not included in such a meeting, ALLAH does not bestow Barakah in such a meeting.” [Taraifi, Ibne Jawzi]
8. The Glorious Prophet of ALLAH Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam said: “He who is blessed with three sons and does not name one Muhammad is indeed a Jahil (Ignorant).” [Tabarani, Mau’jam al-Kabeer]
9. The Holy Prophet Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam said: “When you name the child Muhammad, respect him, make place and accommodate him in a gathering and do not accuse or curse him.” [Hakim, Musnad al-Firdous, etc.]
10. Sayyiduna Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam said: “When you name your son Muhammad, do not hit him, deprive him or rob him.” [Musnad, Bazar]
It is preferable (MustaHsan) to keep the child’s name “Muhammad” alone and not to add any name to it because the excellence of the sacred name alone has been mentioned in the aHadith. [An Nooru Wad Diya, pages 18 to 24]
11. Imam Sakhaawi narrated on the authority of Imam Ataa (Radi Allahu Anhu) [Taabi’ee, who is the distinguished Teacher of Imam al-A’ima Sayyidina Imam al-Azam Abu Hanifa Radi Allahu Anhuma] as follows: “One who wishes for his pregnant wife to have a boy baby, he should place his hand on her stomach and say,
إن كان هذا الحمل ذكراً فقد سميته محمداً
If it is a boy, then I have named him Muhammad.
In sha Allah a boy will be born.”
Imam Musa al-Kadhim said: ‘The first good that a father does to his child is that he selects a worthy name for him.
Imam Baqir says: ”Beware of the Satan When he hears that someone is called as Muhammad and ‘Ali, he melts in such a way as the lead melts and when he hears that someone is named after one of our enemies he is overwhelmed with happiness.
Imam Muhammad Baqir said: The peerless names are the names of the Prophets.
Summary for Islamic names for new baby here are the tips
- Keep good names, which have a good meaning
- Do not keep names which had no meaning or bad meaning as it reflects on the person
- Do not keep names which self chastise.
- Do not keep names which are attributes of Allah such as with Al-Hakim or King of Kings etc
- Keep names which show humility to Allah such as Abdul Rehman or Abdul Allah.
- Keep names which are that of righteous people of the past so we can keep them in our memory or known through or related to our Prophet Rasoolullah Sallallaho Alaihi wa Aalihi wa Sallam.
TIPS & WARNINGS :
Abdul before a male name means servant of. For example, Kareem means generous and noble, so the name Abdul-Kareem means servant of the noble.
Keep in mind that these names come from various parts of the country and can be derived from different cultures. The spellings and meaning may vary slightly from region to region – check with your family or other resources if this is important in naming your child.
If you want give the best Name to the New born, Whatsapp us
Read More – Muslim Girl Names with M
Comments are closed.