Virtues of Surah Kausar Benefits (Chapter 108)
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
(The Abundance) Number of Verses: 3
Surah Kausar is known as a Meccan Sura, but some believe that it may be Medinan. Some others have said that this Sura might have been revealed twice; once in Mecca and once in Medina, but the narrations cited on the occasion of its revelation attest to the first idea which says it is Meccan.
The following is a story told about the occasion of the revelation of Surat Kawthar: ‘As-ibn-wa’il, who was one of the chiefs of the pagans, met the holy Prophet (S) coming out of the Sacred Mosque. He spoke with him (S) for awhile.
In the meantime, a group of authoritative men of the Quraish were sitting in the Mosque watching him from a distance.
When ‘As-ibn-Wa’il entered the Mosque they asked him:
“To whom were you speaking?”
He answered: “With this abtar one”.
He used this word for the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S) to taunt him, because he (S) had two sons born of Lady Khadijah; Ghasem and Taher (also called ‘Abdullah) who died in Mecca and so, there was no live male issue from the holy Prophet (S). Hence after, the Qur’an applied this name to the enemies of the Prophet.
The Arabs used to call the one who had no son /abtar/, and ‘abtar’ means ‘the animal whose tail is cut off’. So, then. it means the one whose succession in his seed has ceased, i.e., the one who has none to inherit him.
To console the holy Prophet (S), this Surat was revealed with the glad tidings of the greatest amount or the highest degree of the grace of Allah, bestowed on him.
Those people traditionally considered the male child extraordinarily valuable and thought of him as a substitute for the father. They happily imagined that with the demise of the Holy Prophet (S) his program would cease because he had no son to substitute him to continue it.
The revelation of this Surat was, in fact, an answer to the enemies of the Apostle to inform them that Islam and the Qur’an would remain and ceaselessly continue, forever.
Surah Kausar Benefits :
There are many many benefits of Surah Kausar, few are given below
- On the virtue of the recitation of this Surat, a tradition from the holy Prophet (S) says:
- “He who recites it (Surah Kawthar) Allah will quench his thirst from the streams of Heaven and will recompense him good rewards as many as the number of every sacrifice which the servants of Allah make on the day of the Feast of Sacrifice, together with those sacrifices which are of the People of the Book and the pagans.”
- It is narrated from Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) that the person who recites this Surah in any of his prayers, will drink from the fountain of Kawthar and he would be in the company of the Holy Prophet under the tree of Tuba, in paradise; and the virtues ten times the number of those who sacrifice animals on the day of hajj would be recorded in the record of his deeds.
- The reward for reciting this Surah is compared to ten times the number of cattle slaughtered on Eid-ul-Adh’ha every year until the Day of Resurrection.
- He who recites this surat a hundred times on Friday night would, inshallah, see the Holy prophet in his dream.
- If anyone recites 129 times Surah Kausar benefits him in wealth, He will become rich, Allah Ta’ala will bless him wealth from multiple sources.
Those who want Taweez, Naqash of Surah Kausar Benefits , please send contact by email- [email protected]