Virtues of Surah Buruj Benefits (Chapter 85)
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
(The Constellations) Number of Verses: 22
Surah Buruj (Arabic: البروج, “The Great Star”) is the eighty-fifth chapter (sura) of the Quran with 22 verses,‘makki’ Surah. The early Muslim believers of Mecca lived in turmoil especially at the beginning period of Islam. They were always faced with torture; bodily and spiritually, by the pagan Arabs who forced them to leave their Faith. Some of them, the weak ones, succumbed, but, the stronger ones resisted.This is a Meccan Surah whose main objective seems to be the spiritual strengthening of the believers against that process, and encouraging them to persevere.
Concerning this point, it tells the story of 'the makers of the pit of fire', those who dug some ditches in which they burnt people for their Faith. They threatened them and burnt them, but the true believers did not loose their Faith.
In another section of the Surah, the pagans are threatened with the blazing fire of Hell for the persecution of Allah’s votaries, while the believers are given good news about the gardens of Bliss.
Then, to attract their attention to past generations, it illustrates the story of Pharaoh, the people of Thamud and some other arrogant sects. They lived in such great authority, in the past, that the pagans of Mecca were naught in comparison with them, but they could not stand for Allah’s command and perished. Besides, these examples are for soothing the heart of the Prophet (S) and of the believers.
Finally, the Surah ends wilh an explanation about the greatness and the extraordinary importance of the Holy Qur'an.On the whole, this is a Surah of resistant perseverance, and patience from the side of the believers against the persecutions of the enemies, amongst which the promise Allah’s victory is found.
The name of the Surah is taken from the oath which occurred in the beginning verse.
Virtue of Surah Buruj Benefits:
- Holy Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam gave us the virtue of Surah Burooj which says: "Allah will give reward for the good-deeds ten times the number of all peopie gathered in 'Friday Prayer' and all people gathered on the day of 'Arafah (the ninth day of Zilhajj), to the person who studies this Surah. Its recitation saves man from fears.”
- Holy Prophet sallal laahu alaihi wasallam said that the one who recites this surah will be near the Prophets and Messengers on the Day of Judgement.
- The reward for reciting Surah Burooj is ten times the number of people who gather on the plains of Arafah.
- Reciting this Surah saves one from dangers and if recited before sleeping, one is kept under the protection of Allah (S.w.T.) for the whole night.
- When trying to wean a baby (stop it from breastfeeding and start eating solid foods), Surah Buruj should be written and tied as a talisman around the baby’s neck.
- Recitation of Surah Burooj is a cures piles.
- Recitator of Surah Al-Buruj is also kept safe from danger
- Recite for safety from one who speaks evil.
Those who want Taweez, Naqash of Surah Buruj Benefits , please send contact by email- [email protected]