How to Bring Barakah in Home
Barakah a word we hear often, but sadly we have lost it in our homes, so we find no barakah in time, nor in sustenance or our wealth and children, what are the keys to barakah.
Many People ask How to Bring Barakah in Home,
To Answer this Question Here are the 11 Islamic Important Keys to Bring Barakah in Home.
1-Tilaawah of the Quran:
Allah Ta’ala has made the Quran al Kareem a source of barakah, if we ponder over its meaning and we live our lives according to its teachings . And for this reason our beloved messenger ﷺ said about the home in which Quraan is recited, the malaaikahs live in it, the shaithaans flee from it and it expands for the family and goodness increases in it.
2- Saying Bismillah and making the zikr of Allah: Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: if a man enters his home and he mentioned Allah Ta’ala’s name upon his entrance and before he ate, Shaithaan says to his companions, there is no home nor food for you here.
3. Sadaqah: From the means of attaining barakah in a home is to give sadaqah ……..specially secret sadaqah because it extinguishes the anger of Allah.
4. Maintaining family ties: And indeed Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad ﷺ has informed us that maintaining family ties, and observing good character, increases our sustenance and our lives.
5. Waking up early to search for your rizq: It is mentioned in a Hadith ( Give glad tidings to my ummah in the early parts of the day) Which means – those who leave their homes to search for their rizq in the early parts of the morning.
6. Establishing salaah on its fixed time is a means of attaining barakah: And enjoin As-Salat (the prayer) on your family, and be patient in offering them [i.e. the Salat (prayers)]. We ask not of you a provision , We provide for you. And the good end (i.e. Paradise) is for the Muttaqun .
7. Putting our trust in Allah as he should be trusted: As is mentioned in a Hadith, If you trust Allah as he should be trusted , he will sustain you as he provides for the birds, they leave hungry in search for food and return full.
8. Seeking Repentance: Making lots of Istighfaar. And Istighfaar on its own is a means of Increasing our sustenance, Just as Our Nabi ﷺ said: Whoever makes Istighfaar Allah will make a way out of every difficult situation for him, And he will ease his sorrow, and he will sustain him from where he perceives not.
9. Dua : Ask Allah for barakah! If you listen to some of the Duas from the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) you’ll notice how the Prophet used to make dua for barakah. We always say “May Allah bless you!” well, guess what? That’s a source of barakah! Also, when you’re invited to someone’s house, Prophet Muhammad advised us to make the following dua for the host:”O Allaah, bless for them, that which You have provided them, forgive them and have mercy upon them.”
10. Giving thanks to Allah in abundance :Allah says in the Quran: “If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you” A scholar once told me if you look into this verse, the Arabic word that is used to confirm that Allah will favours unto the person who thanks Allah is actually in the form of an Oath “La azidannakum” so Allah is promising the person who thanks Him that He’ll increase him, and Allah never breaks his promises.
11. Waking up early :Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said: “Allah made the early hours blessed for my Ummah.”
This hadeeth was the reason for me to start Such gems of productivity are actually sources of blessings that we should seek to make our life productive. Waking up early is such an important part of being blessed and feeling blessed throughout your day.
Try to wake up for tahajjud, pray, and then work during the hours before fajr salaat and tahajjud. If you can’t, then at least wake up for fajr and stay up till sunrise before you go back to sleep. Those hours are so blessed. If you’re able to go to work in those hours, do so, you’ll get much more work done than the whole day put together!
May Allah Ta’ala bless us with lots of barakah and contentment.