Virtues of Surah Takathur Benefits (Chapter 102)
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
(Vying in Exuberance) Number of Verses: 8
Surah Takathur (Arabic: سورة التكاثر, "Rivalry, Competition") is the 102nd sura of the Qur'an with 8 ayat.The name of the Surah is derived from the words in the first verse. Numerous commentators believe that this Surah has been revealed in Mecca; then the subject mentioned in the Surah about vying and self-glorification is, customarily, referring to the tribes of Quraish who used to boast to each other, in vain, about worthless affairs.
But, some others, such as the late Tabarsi who cited his idea in Majma'-al-Bayan, believe that the Surah was revealed in Medina, and what is said is it about vying and boasting in each other's sight refers to the Jews or to two tribes among the 'Ansar'. But, regarding the close similarity that this Surah, being Meccan, has with the Meccan Suras, seems more proper.
The content of the Surah in general is firstly, a scorn on those people who, based on things of no value, boast to each other and secondly, there is a warning about the proposition of the Hereafter and the Hell-fire; and finally, warning that we will be questioned about the bounties in our life.
Surah Takathur Benefits : It is obvious that these total rewards are for the one who recites it, practices it in his daily life and harmonizes his mind and soul with it.
- Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said:"He who recites Surah Takathur, Allah will not account the bounties he was given in the world and He will award him such a reward as if he had recited one thousand verses (of the Qur'an).
- Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said that whoever recites Surah Takathur, before going to sleep at night will be saved from the torments of the grave. If this Surah is recited in faraadh prayers, the reciter will get the reward of a hundred martyrs and forty rows of angels would pray with him. If recited in the nawafil prayers, he will get the reward of fifty martyrs.
- Our beloved Imam Sadiq (Radi Allahu Tala Anhu) denotes that “The recitation of Surah Takathur, in the farad obligatory and optional prayers has a reward similar to Martyrdom.”
- It is especially recommended to recite Surah at-Takathur in the ‘Asr prayers and the person who does this remains under the protection of Allah until the day ends. Recitation of this Surah is a cure from headaches.
- Another way of reciting salaat al-Wahshat (apart from the commonly known way) is to recite Ayahul Kursi once and Surah al-Ikhlas twice after the al-Hamd of the first rak’aat and then recite Surah at-Takaathur ten times after the al-Hamd of the second rak’aat.
- Surah Takathur benefits Athose who has headache, also Reciter earns sawab of shaheed.
- Those who recites Surah Takathur before going to sleep he would remain in Allah’s protection, and hardships and worries of the grave would not trouble him.
- Those who recites Surah at-Takathur at the time when it starts raining all his sins would be forgiven.
- Those who recites Surah at-Takathur a voice is heard in the skies, saying: “Who is he who gives thanks to Allah like this man.”
Those who want Taweez, Naqash of Surah Takathur Benefits , please send contact by email- [email protected]
Send me Islamic Knowledge
May Allah increase your Knowledge
Something went wrong.