Virtues of Surah Takwir Benefits (Chapter 81)
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Surah Takwir is a‘makki’ Surah has 29 ayaat.This Surah is among the Meccan Surahs and there is a variety of evidence to verify this fact. For instance, the Surah denotes that the enemies of the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) called him mad and this treatment used to happen in the early periods of his prophecy in Mecca, when his enemies did not take his statements seriously and were quite careless about them.
This Surah can be divided into mainly two themes:
- The first theme is pointed out in the beginning verses of the Surah; those which contain the signs about the Hereafter and the occurrence of some great changes regarding the end of this world and the beginning of the Next World; the Resurrection.
- The second theme is in a mystical passage showing how the Great Qur'anic Revelation was true, and was revealed through the angel Gabriel, and which has a remarkable effect on man's soul for his spiritual guidance. This part is accompanied by some enlightening oaths; full of meaning.
Virtue of Surah Takwir benefits :There are many traditions narrated about the importance of this Surah
- In a tradition from the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) that says: “He who recites Surah Takwir (The Folding Up) will be saved by Allah from being exposed to shame when the book of deeds will be laid open."
- Another tradition from the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) says: "He who wishes to look at me on the Day of Judgment, should recite Surah Takwir (The Folding Up)”.
- The tradition has also been narrated in another form, which says: "He whose looking at the Hereafter makes him glad (as if he sees it), recites Surah Takwir (The Folding Up), 'Infitar ' (Cleaving Asunder), and 'Inshiqaq ' (The Rending Asunder)."(Since, in these Surahs, the signs of the Hereafter are illustrated so clearly that the reciter of them feels that the scene of the Hereafter is in front of him).
- It is narrated that the Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was asked why he had grown old so early and he answered: “Surah Hud,Surah Waqiah,Surah Mursalat and Surah Naba made me old”.
- (The reason is that the horrible events of the Hereafter are so clearly illustrated in them that it makes every conscious person prematurely old).
- Our Beloved Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said that the person who recites this Surah will be happy on the day when the book of deeds of people will be opened. Whoever wishes that Allah (S.w.T.) should show him His Mercy on the Day of Judgement should recite this Surah.
- It is also narrated from Imam Sadiq (Radi allahu tala anhu) who said: "He who studies Surah 'Abasa and Takwir will be with the Mercy and Grace of Allah in the eternal Heaven and this is easy for Him when He wills.”
- Recitation of this Surah is especially good for the eyes. It improves vision and removes any ailments of the eyes.
Those who want Taweez, Naqash of Surah Takwir Benefits , please send contact by email- [email protected]
Send me Islamic Knowledge
May Allah increase your Knowledge
Something went wrong.