Surah Baqarah Benefits are Unlimited
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful
|Sura : Madani||by Tilawat : 2||by Reveal : 87||Ruku` : 40||Ayats : 286||Part No. : 1, 2, 3|
Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) No.2 (286 Verses)
Surah Baqarah is the 2nd surah of the Quran, the largest in length, revealed over several years,consists of 286 verses, 6201 words and 25500 letters.Surat al-Baqarah is special in many ways. Although all surahs of the Quran are miraculous and of divine origin,Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) singled out some of them and told us of their different virtues and blessings. Surah Baqarah the longest Surah in the Quran. It was the first Surah to be revealed at Medina, but different verses were revealed at different times, covering quite a long period so much so that the verses with regard to riba (interest or usury) were revealed in the final days of Muhammad, after the conquest of Makkah (Maariful Quran).
Surah al-Fatihah is the introduction to the Quran. As such, Surah al-Baqarah can be regarded as its first chapter. In this surah, Allah (swt) introduces us to the Quran, and tells us about three different types of people –
- those who will benefit from the guidance of the Quran,
- those who won’t, and
- those who are only pretending to be people of the Quran.
The rest of the surah is a beautiful blend of history, life lessons, and instructions.
There are several hadith that inform us of different virtues of this surah. Let us look at some of them.
Hazrat Abu Huraira (RH) reported that the Messenger of Allah (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, “Do not turn your houses into graves. Shaitan is barred from any house in which Surat al-Baqarah (2) is recited.” [Muslim 780, 4: 1707]
The Prophet Mohammed (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) was asked, ‘Which part of the Qur’an is the best?’. He replied, ‘The Surah in which the cow is mentioned’. He was then asked ‘Which part of that Surah?’. He replied, ‘The verse of the Throne and the last part of Surah al Baqarah came down from under the Throne’
Recitation of Surah Baqarah Benefits we will discuss few in light of Hadith references
Protection Against Devils
The power of this surah as a protection against Shaytan is described in different ways in the hadiths. The Prophet (sa) said that Shaytan flees from a house where Surat al-Baqarah is recited. (Muslim 780) He also said that magicians cannot confront this surah. (Muslim 804) He also pointed out the virtues of some specific ayat or sections of this surah. He said, for example, “If somebody recited the last two verses of Surat al-Baqarah at night, that will be sufficient for him.” (Bukhari 5009)
Many of us know the virtues of Ayat al-Kursi, which is a part of this blessed surah. If you recite it when you go to bed, you will be guarded from Shaytan until dawn. (Bukhari 5010)
Abu Ummamah (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Whoever recites Ayat Al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed Prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.” [an-Nasa’i, Ibn Hibban, Darimi 3249/A]
Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Whoever recites 4 verses from the first part of Surah al Baqarah, the verse of the Throne, two verses after the verse of the Throne and three verses from the last part of Surah al Baqarah, Satan would never come near him or the members of his family on that day, and nothing he despises would come near him or the members of his family, and never are these verses recited over a madman without him regaining his consciousness’
[Darimi 3249/A in the Book of Excellence of the Quran; an-Nasai in the Deeds during the Day and Night; Ibn Hibban & Tabrani]
Surah Baqarah Benefits are Unlimited few are as below
- Recitation of Surah Baqarah daily at home will protect house from all kinds of evils, jins and there will be baraqath.
- Recitation of Surah Baqarah in beneficial for those who are not getting married.
- Recitation of Ayatul Kursi is many benefits, check here for details.
- Prophet (Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wasallam) has said that one who recites these two verses during the night, they will be sufficient for him.
- Prescription for not forgetting the Quran Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud’s student; Imam Mughirah ibn Subay’ (rahimahullah) said:‘Whoever recites these ten verses before sleeping, will not forget the Quran.’(Sunan Darimi, Hadith: 3385 & Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 2413)
- Recite Ayat No. 72-73 for chest pains.
- Recite Ayat No. 107 three times for pain in the shoulders.
- Recite Ayat No. 165 on food that is sweet and feed it to the displeased person.
- Another Surah Baqarah benefits are to keep Shaytan away by Regular Recitation of this surah.
- The person who recites this will not forget Allah (swt)
- The one who recites this with Surah Aale Imran will have shade on Qiyamah.
- One’s family, life & property will be protected if the first four ayats are recited, then ayatul kursi, then the last 3 ayats.
Those who want Taweez,Naqash of Surah Baqarah, please send contact by email- [email protected]