Prophetic Medicines and Food
12 favourite foods of Rasoolullah (s.a.) (as mentioned in AL Tib-al Nabavi book)
Rasoolullah ’s (s.a.) life had been most comprehensive and perfect and can serve as an ideal for men and women of all ages, at all times. His habits and advice have been absolutely perfect and shows moderate way of life and meets all the needs of man.
* Barley:Good in fever, use in a soup form.
* Dates: Rasoolullah (s.a.) said that a house without dates has no food. It should also be eaten at the time of childbirth.
* Figs:It is a complete fruit and a cure for piles.
* Grapes:Rasoolullah (s.a.) was very fond of grapes - it purifies the blood, provides vigor and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the bowels.
* Honey:Considered the best remedy for diarrhea when mixed in hot water. It is the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs. It is used for creating appetite, strengthening the stomach, eliminating phlegm; as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye soother and mouthwash. It is extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water. *
Melon:Rasoolullah (s.a.) said: "None of your women who are pregnant and eat of water melon will fail to produce off spring that is good in countenance and good in character."
* Milk:Rasoolullah (s.a.) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the back, improved the brain, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness.
* Mushroom:Rasooullah (s.a.) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes; it also arrests paralysis. Not all mushroom are edible. *
Olive Oil:Excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, and treats inflammation of the stomach. Good in patients with heart diseases.
* Pomegranate:Rasoolullah (s.a.) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.
* Vinegar:A food Rasoolullah (s.a.) used to eat with olive oil. That's now a fashion in elite Italian Restaurants.
* Water:Rasoolullah (s.a.) said the best drink in this world is water, when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping produces sickness of the liver.